Got hacked?

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Fri Feb 23 19:02:26 MST 2007

I port translate SSH and direct forward to a single box which I can use
to get to the rest of my network.  I only allow  access from my home
network and my company network.  I can VPN into my company if I need to
get home while on the road.  I do like password authentication because I
often have to call some one (like my wife or my most trusted co worker)
and walk them through a connection when I need information and do not
have network access.  It is easy to change a password, it is harder to
fedex a thumb drive from the middle of the outback.

On my windows boxes I eliminate brute force attacks by having it lock
out any account for 2 seconds after a wrong password and 15 minuets
after 10 wrong passwords.  But I don't know how to configure this on
Linux?