How long should KDE take to install?

Jon M. Hanson jon at the-hansons-az.net
Fri Feb 23 07:16:35 MST 2007

Generally when you close the lid of a laptop it suspends all activities and writes the contents of memory to disk so it can pick up where you left off when you open the cover again. So, no, if you close the lid the laptop will stop operating. Also, the laptop vents exhaust heat through the keyboard so if it ran while the lid was closed it could overheat.