locales

Michael Havens bmike101 at cox.net
Wed Feb 21 20:15:42 MST 2007

As I try to install programs lately it seems that wile it is in process
apt-get tells me something about 'setting locale failed'. So I
investigated 'dselect locale', 'dselect locales', and 'apt-get locales'. The
first two commands wanted to update  and install like a thousand files per
command while the last command wanted to update two or three. Hey, look at
that! It is setting up 'locales' which seems to be a problem now. What are
locales. It would seem that they are files concerning local things for
different countries in the world. Is that an accurate guess?