use commercial spam filtering service?

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Fri Feb 16 18:32:38 MST 2007

More to answer some of your specific questions, I use Appriver.
I have our all of our MX records point to them and they point the good
mail back to us (I host multiple domains on one email server)
I did not set it up; it was here when I arrived.
The main evidence I have of its benefit was when I was having problems
getting the renewal invoice approved last year (It was placed on a back
burner).  So, after a few months of appriver hosting us for free I asked
them to turn off filtering for a few days.  The renewal was approved and
paid promptly.  (Yes the timing was well planed as to cause minimum
interruption, as opposed to if they had cut us off two weeks down the
road) Other then that they provide decent tools so you can see what they
are blocking and when.  This way you can easily maintain justification
numbers if you need them.