no amp in Lamp

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Feb 13 17:31:52 MST 2007

Free RAM is not significant in top because most of the RAM is claimed by
swap and then buffered / paged.

What you are reporting is pretty normal, for example, this is a CentOS 4
httpd/php server doing pretty much nothing at the moment...

Tasks:  81 total,   1 running,  80 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
Cpu(s):  0.3% us,  0.3% sy,  0.0% ni, 99.3% id,  0.0% wa,  0.0% hi,
0.0% si
Mem:    515604k total,   513964k used,     1640k free,    39500k buffers
Swap:  1048568k total,   149008k used,   899560k free,   160180k cached

Craig