no amp in Lamp

vodhner at cox.net vodhner at cox.net
Mon Feb 12 16:10:32 MST 2007

I had a related problem with Ubuntu yesterday.  I wanted
to move a file to my wife's windows system and could not
find my USB stick.  So I used pscp, but first I had to install
OpenSSH.  Huh?  Seems like a really lame thing to leave out.

I tried a Xubuntu installation a few months ago.  I had thought
it was just Ubuntu with a lighter GUI system, but all sorts of
stuff was missing.  Of course you can install some of it,
but it got so tedious I found myself spending a lot of time
in Windows instead.

Some of the same problems with Ubuntu.  I think I'll probably
under Ubuntu ???    ;-)

Vic

Alex Dean <alex at crackpot.org> wrote: keith smith wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> It seems there is no amp in Lamp when using xubuntu.
>
> Anything special I need to know other than apt-get install apache &
> apt-get install mysql?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Keith

You also need a 'P'.  PHP, Python, Perl, pick your poison.  All are
available via apt.

alex