KeyBoard Funkiness

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Mon Feb 12 16:22:59 MST 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 03:13:04PM -0800, keith smith wrote:
> Works everywhere but VI
>
> When in VI if I press the
> up arrow key it inserts an A
> left arrow key it inserts a D
> down inserts a B
> right a C

First, nitpicking. It's 'vi'.

Second, nitpicking (kinda). It's 'vim' not 'vi'. At least all the Linux
distros I know install vim with vi as a symlink to vim.

Ok, now to actually help. :) Start by copying the example vimrc to your
home directory. The path on my system is
/usr/local/share/vim/vim70/vimrc_example.vim, so for me it would be:

$ cp /usr/local/share/vim/vim70/vimrc_example.vim ~/.vimrc

That should take care of pretty much everything. Yell if that doesn't
fix it up for you.

--
Darrin Chandler                   |  Phoenix BSD Users Group
dwchandler at stilyagin.com          |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/