****Re: some things get [mis-] labeled as Spam (was: Re: IPCOP)

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Feb 8 18:42:14 MST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 18:21 -0700, Mike Schwartz wrote:

> I have seen some "scoring" info, in the "full headers",
> for a message sent to my "acm.org" account, which
> is a "forwarding" address.
> The acm.org folks use postini.com to do their spam
> detection.  I currently have it set up to "forward" only
> if (it thinks) a given message should go to my INBOX.
> If it thinks it is junk, then it puts it in a "quarantine"
> place, where I can still get to it (I do occasionally find
> a real e-mail there, like one about 2 weeks ago from
> my first cousin in CHIcago who was notifying about
> 200 of her closest friends / relatives, about some
> change of address...)
> The messages that get processed by postini.com have
> some detailed scoring information in their [full] headers,
> but I usually do not delve in to it too deeply;  I just
> click on "deliver"
> (which is like saying, [this message is] "Not Spam" - so
>    please "deliver" it now, that is, forward it);
> and then there is a little checkbox to white-list the
> sender, which I typically do, if I am asking them to
> "deliver" a certain message, ie, get it out of quarantine.
>     Anyway, if the stuff I included above is what you
> meant, then please proceed to explain what it is saying
> and/or, use your powers for good "in some way".
>    Thanks,
----
Mike - the headers didn't include any scoring info so either gmail
doesn't include the scoring in the headers (it seems unlikely but it is
possible), or the more likely issue is that you have some rules/filters
set up that are performing the identification / movement not at the smtp
level but at the client level (i.e. when you log in to your account).

Craig