your mail

Donn dlshumway at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 23:35:03 MST 2007

There are several that I have heard of. The Linux Router
Project<http://pigtail.net/LRP/index.html>is small and can be run from
a floppy, flash drive, or external Hard drive.
I have heard of Smoothwall <http://www.smoothwall.org/get/> being run from a
Flash Drive, and this
link<http://community.smoothwall.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16604>may
help.

I have personally used the Mandriva Flash v2008 and highly recommend it as a
bootable Flash Distribution. It is a complete Desktopdistribution on a 4Gb
Flash Drive, but it is not designed to be a firewall although it could be
configured to do so using iptables and writing logs to a HD or external
location.

Finally, the Yoggie Pico <http://www.yoggie.com/howItWorks.shtml> is a
complete Hardware Firewall in a Flash Drive type form factor.

Just some suggestions. Good luck.

--
Donn
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."