bootdisks

Michael Sammartano volinaz at cox.net
Mon Dec 31 17:44:06 MST 2007

No, that won't work, the CDROM drivers are on the boot disk. Win98 was not designed to be bootable from the cd, although I do have a few that were made bootable. You can down load the disk contents online, just google it. Also windows will 'NOT' format over ext2 or ext3. You must use either a utility that erases the existing partition/s or use Linux to create the fat. Once this is done, win98 will do just fine.
---- eculbert <eculbert at yahoo.com> wrote:
> For that windows boot disk, can I burn it to a cdrom
> since it is supposedly a bootable? In other words,
> will that work as well as from a floppy as I have two
> cd devices in this machine.
>
> Ed.
>
> Ed/ke7feg
>
> Did I mention, 2/23/07 the FCC dropped all cw (ADA Morse code) testing for any class of license as a ham? Just pass the written and "U's a ham"!! Many sites test online, but you have to go for the real test. $14 for as high as you can climb in one session.

Please visit
http://www.iconnetworksolutions.com