Windows problem (besides being windows)

eculbert eculbert at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 31 17:18:13 MST 2007

--- "Eric \"Shubes\"" <plug at shubes.net> wrote:

> eculbert wrote:
> > I have hard drives setup for linux...in either
> ext2 or
> > ext3 format.
> >
> > I was trying to 'wipe one' via installing w98 and
> get
> > 'operating system not found' as soon as it
> accesses
> > the cdrom...at least right after the bios boots.
> Works
> > fb with linux live cd's or when no cd and boots
> into
> > linux distro.
> >
> > Is or does the windows have to see a partition it
> can
> > write to already on the hd.
> >
> > I need windows for some special windows only thing
> > want to do.
> >
> > So do I first need to use a live distro and
> > wipe/format to 32 bit windows format or such to
> > install w98 so I can run this one program?
> >
> > Ed
> >
> > Ed/ke7feg
> >

> Many w98 cdrom media are not bootable. To get
> installing, make a bootable
> w98/dos floppy, boot the floppy w/ cdrom support,
> then run setup.exe on the
> cdrom. At least that's how I'd do it.
>
> --
> -Eric 'shubes'

////////////////////////////

Was afraid that would be the route. I have had to do
that before....last century come to think of it or
earlier this century!! Now, finding a flappy to use
that is still good enough.

For the virtual thing, don't care to learn that and
doubt that it would run from cdrom anyway as w98 isn't
setup to run from cdrom and I don't have it installed
anywhere!

All this for about 5 minutes of work! Scheez.

Ed

Ed/ke7feg

Did I mention, 2/23/07 the FCC dropped all cw (ADA Morse code) testing for any class of license as a ham? Just pass the written and "U's a ham"!! Many sites test online, but you have to go for the real test. $14 for as high as you can climb in one session.