It's now illegal to turn on your computer

Kevin Brown kevin_brown at qwest.net
Sun Dec 30 22:28:52 MST 2007

>>> cannot ignore the need for some level of province.  Without fences,
>>> there are no crops.
>> Really? Most of the farms I know of don't have fences. They seem to pull
>> in lots of crops.
>
>   Really?  I think I'll just go over there and get me some.  Who says
> whats wild and what is the farmers property?

That they don't have fences does not mean that it is open access for
all.  I've lived in communities where fences were against building codes
for a few reasons.  One, they are unsightly and block people's view.
Two, they impeded the wildlife of the area.  Lots of farms (rather than
ranches) don't have them as it makes it easier to get access to the crop
areas with the farming equipment.  Ranches have some fences to contain
the animals so they can be tracked and less likely to be a problem
(cattle in the roads...)