It's now illegal to turn on your computer

Scott gneamob at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 20:22:16 MST 2007

I think you're getting a little over-excited there.
The point, I believe, that Josh is trying to make is
that the RIAA had a number of songs flagged awhile
back that could "phone home" when they're downloaded
via the internet.

There's a certain paragraph there that says the words
are "I suppose...", which tends to mean that there is
some doubt as to how hard-line the RIAA is actually
attempting to claim its absurd position in the matter.
 Since these cases revolve around the fact that these
people were actually sharing copies of songs that they
purchased, then it would be a safe bet to cushion
against that people that make copies for themselves
and don't lend the copies out at all would be exempt
from such a strike.  It's just a bunch of scare
tactics, and those that give into them and think that
their tracks are covered are finding out otherwise.

Of course, in the case of certain ISPs outright
blocking P2P traffic, there should be little to worry
about on that end of the spectrum.

-Scott

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/28/AR2007122800693.html