Cinelerra question

Vaughn Treude vltreude at deru.com
Sat Dec 29 20:44:38 MST 2007

Erich Newell wrote:
> To do any video transformations you should use transcode IMHO. Its
> very robust, albeit a little complicated in the configuration. It
> handles pretty much any video / audio format as far as I'm aware.

Erich,
I messed with transcode a bit, but had trouble figuring it out. Maybe
I'll take another look. I just accidentally stumbled on the concept of
using VLC to stream to a file.  I am going to try to figure out how to
do this from the command line, because what I need to do at the moment
is not very complicated.
Thanks!
Vaughn