Iriver or Cowon MP3 players

Kevin Faulkner kondor6c at cox.net
Thu Dec 27 23:48:06 MST 2007

I bought a Cowon Iauido X5 and used it extensively when I was in the
Army, I came to not like the joystick, it quickly became flakey (there
are others things I didn't like but I won't discuss them). I did
however come to enjoy the FM radio, as it didn't pull a lot of "battery
juice". Keep in mind in order to get video to play on it you need to
convert it, a couple years ago all that was available for Linux was
something called iriverer or something like that, I ended up using WINE
to run the converting software. I just purchased the unit at amazon.
Hope this helps some. I currently use an ipod v5 30gb that I recieved
as a promotional give away. I promptly loaded RockBox on it.