Is it yet possible to _really_ switch from Windows?

Judd Pickell pickell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 10:26:49 MST 2007

What linux actually needs is the DX equivalent for graphics 3d
standardization. I think DX10 was the first time DX became
incompatible across versions. I haven't followed OpenGL enough to know
if it presents such a standard front or not. Although I do know that
many big named developers have used OpenGL as their bases, one such
being ID. Hence why you can play Quake4, Doom3, Quake3 natively on
linux.

I can't wait for linux to become a gaming platform. I would so love to
dump windows.. :)

Sincerely,
Judd Pickell