Transfer to New Computer

Shawn Dowler shawn.dowler at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 18:18:44 MST 2007

On Dec 26, 2007 3:52 PM, Carlton Brooks <linux at carltonbrooks.net> wrote:
> I know this has been discussed before but can not seem to find the info.
>
> I have just purchased a new hard drive and would like to transfer my
> entire Ubuntu 7.1 setup and data, etc to the new drive.
> What presteps do I need to do to the new drive to prepare it, then how
> do I copy the files.
>
> Then unlike windows if I plug it in will it work as the same old drive.
>
> Thanks
>
> Carlton Brooks
> Mesa

I have used the method described here twice with excellent results.
http://reactor-core.org/disk-migration.html

If you run into any difficulties, you can always ask for further
instructions from the PLUG community.

Shawn Dowler

--
"Je n'ai fait celle-ci plus longue que parceque je n'ai pas eu le
loisir de la faire plus courte."

-->  http://walkingtowel.org  <--