Speeding up X11 forwarding

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Tue Dec 18 00:35:05 MST 2007

I am mostly using firefox to download items that require a higher end browser from places like Oracle and IBM.  Though, the complaint has to do with a lot of GUI apps not just firefox. But the biggest problem is that this is being done on machines I blow up every few days, and thus I need fast, ready built, solutions.  Standard VNC gives me a blank xterm more often then a useful desktop. And since I use typically X11VNC or NX on more stable machines I never invested the time to figure out why standard VNC did this.  In addition I can not get NX working in under three to four hours, and it just is not worth it since I will spend anther 30 hours messing with a box before blowing it up in favor of a 20 min fresh install.

How easy (read fast) is FoxyProxy to set up?

But you are correct -C should be their.