ot: plumbing

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 18:45:38 MST 2007

Sound like you need to write a how-to.  Interesting stuff.... What I learn on PLUG.

eculbert <eculbert at yahoo.com> wrote: Careful using hot water, that vitreous toilet MIGHT
crack from rapid heating/cooling. The casting is
vitreous and could heat uneven. That is the reason
stoneware cannot be used on the range top, but can
survive in the oven...... EVEN heating/cooling.

Go to ACE/etc and get a good plunger..a large red
rubber one. Works wonders at start of slow plumbing.
Like I told you privately, even this 50 plus y/o
apartment can start to plug, and a quick use of the
'red hat' seems to keep it flowing downward.

Don't let them sell you fancy ones...they work, but
cost more and not that much better either if any.

I flush with the plunger blocking the toilet till it
is almost over flowing then gently pull up and jam
that down once it starts 'doing the slow drain' thing.
Then since it isn't almost overflowing now, I yank
upward about 4 or 5 inches only to back suck on the
obstruction. Only yank back/upward the amount the down
stroke used otherwise it is mop time and possibly bath
time!!! Practice makes perfect on the yank, hihi.

One other piece of experience. When using the plunger
to block the hole and fill the bowl once it is full,
let the tank fill up to full again before working on
the blockage. That way, once it starts going, you can
back up the 'newly opened up' drain with immediate
second flush! Have the tank lid off in case you need
to seat the flapper in a hurry when doing that.
Experience again on that one.
--- Michael Havens  wrote:

> thanks for all the help guys. it is fixed. it was
> done by boiling water and
> pouring it in..... my wife also got drano.... I
> think it was a little of
> both. again, I thank you for your help!

Ed/ke7feg

Did I mention, 2/23/07 the FCC dropped all cw (ADA Morse code) testing for any class of license as a ham? Just pass the written and "U's a ham"!! Many sites test online, but you have to go for the real test. $14 for as high as you can climb in one session.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Keith Smith
(480) 584-4772
PHP Programming