Need a cheap used computer & dial-up modem

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Sat Dec 15 14:55:21 MST 2007

.
Anybody have a cheap used computer with a dial-up modem
and either with Linux installed or on which I could install
Linux (preferrably pclinuxos) to use just for email and open
office?

I have a non-techie family member whose old computer
crashed and she just wants one to do email and a little
letter writing.  She doesn't need monitor, printer, etc.

Of course, she is only familiar with win98 or xp; but I'd
like to get a small Linux box working for her and ship it
to her to show her how easy it would be to do all that she
needs to do. The Walmart $199 would be overkill (and more
than I want to spend for this light use application).