(semi OT) For those that remember (and those that don't)

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Wed Dec 12 09:26:12 MST 2007

After a long battle with technology, Darrin Chandler wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 09:00:43AM -0600, alex at crackpot.org wrote:
>> Quoting Darrin Chandler <dwchandler at stilyagin.com>:
>>> Some of us born too young still believe computers can be used to do
>>> useful work instead of only doing fancy window effects and web browsing
>>> ;-)
>> If you're saying web browsing can't be useful work, I object!

Lots of the time, the WWW falls under the classification of "useful play".

> There's a long message about useful work somewhere inside me, but it'll
> have to stay buried for now since I don't have time right now. Besides,
> it's probably OT here, and should be put on a (gasp!) web site or blog.

"Useful work is in the eye of the beholder"?  Really, the definition of useful
work keeps changing as user expectations keep changing.  It's frustrating in
some ways.

--
   There is a budding morrow in midnight
     There is a triple sight in blindness keen...