Oracle Woe's - Pam Issue?

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Tue Dec 11 14:44:26 MST 2007

So I spent an inordinate amount of time kicking a virtual dedicated
machine to get oracle installed, and failed.  So I put up an old box,
installed Oracle, and life was good.  But now Oracle will not run on the
dedicated box either.  I get the same symptoms in that it says the DB
and net listener are started but I can not connect to the Oracle admin
web page, however I get .  Does anyone successfully use Oracle 10g
Express or should I just give it up and run MySQL like every other idiot
on the net.?

I get the following error in my /var/log/sercure

Dec 11 14:19:23 server1 su: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for
user oracle by (uid=0)

Dec 11 14:20:08 server1 su: pam_unix(su:session): session closed for
user oracle

Dec 11 14:20:08 server1 su: pam_unix(su:session): session opened for
user oracle by (uid=0)

Dec 11 14:21:18 server1 su: pam_unix(su:session): session closed for
user oracle

This is my own CENT OS 5 box.

Bryan O'Neal
Cornerstone Homes & Development, Inc.