Debian stable to testing upgrade

gm5729 gm5729 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 12:46:18 MST 2007

Your welcome John. Testing is mainly for users who want desktops
environments on their machines along with software that basically
won't cause major headaches with the OS because of bugs and what not.
It's nice to use if you want updated packages or programs, support for
security issues is minimal and if devs from Debian have the time to do
them. They concentrate mainly on stable for security stuff. Testing
starts to make Debian more of a rolling distro because you could stay
there technically forever and just do upgrades/dist-upgrades forever
then.

VP