Debian stable to testing upgrade

John Wheat jwheat71 at cox.net
Mon Dec 10 16:47:55 MST 2007

To do this upgrade should the procedure be done from a console with no X
server running or does it matter these days? I found release notes for
Sarge to Etch that mentioned I should upgrade the kernel prior to the
dist-upgrade would that still apply in Etch to Lenny. I am not concerned
if the whole install gets hosed as Etch is installed on a drive I use
only for testing purposes .  I just want to  be sure the  procedure is
done with the smallest chance for human induced error as possible.

Thanks,
John