looking at laptops

Jason Hayes jason at jasonhayes.org
Mon Dec 10 08:48:32 MST 2007

Thanks for the information. I talked with someone else this weekend and they
reminded me that at the prices I am considering, I might also want to look at
Lenovo.

Not sure why I didn't think of them befpre. They are pretty well known as
being compatible with Linux. They have a smaller screen, but with a docking
station it may work.

I will also look at tuxboxcomputers.com and ask about the Intel warranty
program when I am shopping around.

Thanks!!
Jason Hayes

On Sunday 09 December 2007 2:26:40 pm Luis Villarreal wrote:
> I think this is what you are looking for
> http://tuxboxcomputers.com/store/customize/18. They pre-load ubuntu but you
> have the choice to  not include an OS. They are relatively unknown but
> someone recommended them to me when i recently bought a laptop. I ended up
> buying a thinkpad instead and after a few hours of work it, i couldn't be
> happier.
>
> On Dec 9, 2007 11:15 AM, mike enriquez <mylinux at cox.net> wrote:
> > Jason, there are 5 main laptop companies in the world. They are all in
> > Asia.
> > Three of them and Intel came up with the Intel warrenty program. If you
> > get
> > a laptop under this program, all major parts are interchangeable and
> > replacable. Go to any authorized Intel dealer and ask them about this
> > program. They can configure a laptop with all the goodies you want. This
> > is
> > the direction that laptops are going because of the problem of  getting
> > replacement parts.  You will get the same or better laptop than any "Name
> > Brand" because they all come from the same 3 manufacturers.
> > Good Luck to You!
> > Mike

<<<snipped>>>