Mathematica for Linux

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 22:39:02 MST 2007

On Dec 8, 2007 10:09 PM, Josh Coffman <joshcoffman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 8, 2007 9:56 PM, Joshua Zeidner <jjzeidner at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >  I am curious to know if anyone here uses Mathematica for Linux.  I
> > use Mathematica, but have yet to see a working install on a Linux box.
> >  Any info would be most appreciated.
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> >  -jmz
> >

> What do you use mathematica for? I haven't used it since college, and don't
> know a lot of people who even know what that or Maple or Matlab are.

  Hi Josh,

   I use Mathematica when I am trying to grasp an abstract math
concept.  Its great for playing around with equations and observing
numerical relationships.  Most known math symbols are preprogrammed
into it.  Its a really great package and a pleasure to use.  Never got
into Maple and MatLab, its priced for large laboratory situations.
There is also the GNU Octave [0] which I have zero experience with.
It would be hard to pry me away from my Mathematica :) .  Also, I'm a
fan of Wolfram's so I like to support him if and when I can.

  -jmz

[0] http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/

--

( 602 ) 490 8006