hw and sw xen

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Dec 7 00:25:32 MST 2007

moin moin,

a software install of xen requires special xen kernels.

Do those same kernels work when running on a hardware install of xen?

Do they run on hardware without being on a Dom0?

In talking to one of my co-workers about the RHCE study classes we thought
of using xen for them in addition to how I plan on using it for the
classes I'm teaching at MCC.

I want to know if we can make one image that would work for both software
and hardware xen installs.

The idea is that we build images of specific configurations for using as
labs and we want to make them generally available.

ciao,

der.hans
#  <allbery_b> wouldn't that be "shopping is hard, let's do math"?