Scripting a mirror test

Joey Prestia joseph.prestia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 20:24:36 MST 2007

Problem: I need to come up a script that I can use to test if between 30
to 50 mirrors are carrying the content of a particular page in its
unchanged form. I would guess to create a script with maybe a for loop
and a file with the web addresses of these mirrors and run a diff on the
pages then send any errors to me so if the site is failing to maintain
its content I can be notified. I am still quite new to this but am sure
it can be done with a script that I could run as a cron job instead of
manually testing each of the pages several times a week. Any suggestions
on how I could load the site content to do this and what commands would
be best suited?
Thanks Joey