Red Hat Liberation fonts

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Aug 31 14:54:33 MST 2007

Am 31. Aug, 2007 schwätzte Dennis Kibbe so:

> Since the topic of fonts came up in another post I'm reminded that Red
> Hat has release a set of GPLed font for both Linux and Windoze that
> mimic the M$ core set but under a Free license.

Cool. See, if we support Free Software vendors they give back to the
community.

> "There are three sets: Sans (a substitute for Arial, Albany, Helvetica,
> Nimbus Sans L, and Bitstream Vera Sans), Serif (a substitute for Times
> New Roman, Thorndale, Nimbus Roman, and Bitstream Vera Serif) and Mono
> (a substitute for Courier New, Cumberland, Courier, Nimbus Mono L, and
> Bitstream Vera Sans Mono). The fonts are now available for you to install."
>
> https://www.redhat.com/promo/fonts/

Plus they're using SSL and they've GPG signed all of the packages, so
they're also supporting Open Standards :).

Kudos to Red Hat.

ciao,

der.hans
#  If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
#  you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and
#  I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have
#  two ideas. -- George Bernard Shaw