multimedia keyboards

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Thu Aug 30 17:35:17 MST 2007

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Nathan Aubrey wrote:

> I just acquired a new keyboard and its got some nice fancy keys on it, volume
> control and whatnot. How to I configure these to work in KDE?
> Its also got a bunch of extra buttons like back,forward,refresh,stop
> mail,mycomputer,home and I'd like to do something with them.
>
> I appreciate the help.

For fun, run:

	xev

It will tell you key codes, like on my laptop, I have:

 speaker up button -- 176

 speaker down button -- 174

 some "i" with a circle around it -- 178

 envelope -- 236

 some menu with pointer button -- 117

 left Windows key -- 115

 right Windows key -- 116

Sorry I don't have KDE on this laptop, but I may follow this discussion to
program my wife's extra buttons for her KDE.

  Jeremy C. Reed