Free Software for m$ repository

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Aug 29 01:44:58 MST 2007

moin moin,

anybody have suggestions for a Free Software for m$ platforms repository?

I know someone who's stuck with m$ due to the realtor association
requiring it. She's open to using Free Software. I'd like to give her
something like Synaptic where she can GUIily search for and install Free
Software.

http://PortableApps.com/

This site seems to only be for installing stuff on a thumb drive. It's
also missing obvious stuff like PDFCreator.

http://www.TheOpenCD.org/

Only avialable in CD format and I don't want to have to explain burning
ISOs. Also, it's generally lacking in software.

I'm not complaining about either project ( especially since I've given out
many copies of The Open CD and gnuWinII, which is no longer maintained ),
just saying that they don't seem to be providing what I want.

Installing GNU/Linux and putting m$ in a VM is an option she's open to,
just not quite yet.

ciao,

der.hans
#  You can't handle the source! - der.hans