Need to outsource programming or hire full-time

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Mon Aug 27 11:51:28 MST 2007

Joshua Zeidner wrote:

> On 8/27/07, *Scottsdale Arizona Web Design* <
> plug at scottsdalearizonawebdesign.com
> <mailto:plug at scottsdalearizonawebdesign.com>> wrote:
>
>     Jason Ho-Ching
>     Owner of several companies and sites including:
>     echazen.com <http://echazen.com>
>     scottsdale arizona web design
>     zencart masters
>     askamormon.com <http://askamormon.com>
>     wearesamoa.com <http://wearesamoa.com>
>     480.355.1434
>
>     For the record, I used to post on the utah plug list at www.plug.org
>     <http://www.plug.org>.  Every post there is highly visible on the
>     search engines.  Google my name and you'll see a plug post on the
>     first page.  I have had job postings there get put on google that
>     discussed projects and what I am paying to my programmers.  This is
>     the type of information I don't want my clients to see.  We bill our
>     clients at $85/hr and I don't want clients to see that we pay some
>     programmers only $40/hr and what not.
>
>     This is why I didn't want all my personal info to be posted here
>     because I assumed it would be as public as the plug.org
>     <http://plug.org> postings from utah.
>
>     I hope this clears up any confusion.  I have posted my name and
>     number at the top.  I might as well tell you what we're offering to
>     pay, too, since everything is now on the table.  We are looking to
>     pay between $40/hr and $75/hr.  Software engineers will make closer
>     to $75/hr.  These are top-level developers only.  The owner of the
>     company in utah will be interviewing the candidates to filter out
>     the more inexperienced developers.  I have already had a very, very,
>     very bad experience with a programmer on this board.
>

>   Who would that be?

In the context of a discussion on the PLUG email list, this question is
not appropriate.  If you really want to know, talk with Jason off-list.

IMO, this thread has gone a direction that is helpful neither to the
group nor to the originator.  Job postings to the list should be brief
and to the point, providing an off-list contact.  The original posting
provided this, identifying the source of the posting as "Scottsdale
Arizona Web Design".  The rest of the information posted in the thread,
while all public, was not needed in the email list.

My opinion and suggestion is to not take this thread any further.  Let's
encourage employers to post jobs, not drag them down in side
discussions.  Interested parties can learn further details on their own
or in other more appropriate channels.

Alan