OT:Looking to change careers into telecom

eculbert eculbert at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 25 14:23:25 MST 2007

Alex. His problem appears to be 'body structual', That
is, he can walk some, stand SOME, sit some, but cannot
do 4-8 hours standing in one spot with only
occassional breaks. So a sitting/desk/go to meetings
type job MIGHT be okay.

I know by bad back, damaged knee now, and weak leg
will not allow me to stand like his job requires him
to do. I have a friend that is a security guard and he
has had to refuse assignments that are too much
walking and standing. But he can position himself and
make some rounds, etc okay.

Ed.

--- alexanderhenry at cox.net wrote:

> ---- Technomage-hawke <technomage.hawke at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Saturday 25 August 2007 01:47, eric© wrote:
> > > My time in computers/IT is up...I've hit the
> burnout point.  I just
> > > can't honestly see myself tapping away at a
> keyboard/staring at a
> > > screen for the next 20 years.  I'm sick of
> sitting in an office all
> > > day, and I certainly don't want to deal with the
> consumers any more.
> > > I'm sitting here working on my Dell certs, and I
> just don't enjoy it
> > > like I used to.
> > >

> > I wish I had that job (or any in the tech sector
> right now). I've managed
> > (over the last year) to get back into the
> workforce, but its not a job I want
> > (being a store greeter is actually killing my
> health here).
> >
> > I have tried azstatejobs, and a number of other
> places. so far, I haven't
> > heard back from anyone (even when I cantact back).
> >
> > I really do need some help here. if one of you
> guys is good at resume writing,
> > or knows a 'nearly free' service that can help,
> I'd appreciate it rather a
> > lot.
>
> If greeting at a store is killing your health, then
> it sounds like anything more intensive will do
> worse, which isn't very useful for any employer.

Hurry up November, already tired of the heat!

AND NOW..........The humidity!

Ed/ke7feg