Free Software Accountant

George Toft george at georgetoft.com
Sat Aug 25 14:13:32 MST 2007

Let me chime in my $0.02 (and stir the pot) . . .

I used GNUCash for my previous business - worked very well, so I
thought.  When it came time to have an accountant evaluate the records
in a court case, I found out that the software was incompatible with
what accountants deal with, and now I get to pay to rebuild 4 years of
accounting data in a form that the accountant can analyze.

At this point, using Free Software has now cost me $1200 (estimated) in
data entry costs, and I'm wishing I used one of those eeeevil commercial
programs that is "standard" in the small business accounting industry.
It would have been less expensive.

IMHO, use whatever package your accountant tells you to use.

George Toft, CISSP