changing password hashing to something other than md5 in /etc/shadow

Tony E - Jaraeth jaraeth at phoenixwing.com
Fri Aug 24 08:31:26 MST 2007

I believe you would have to change the underlying code of the Shadow
utilities code to do anything other than MD5/DES.  Nothing is mentioned
in the HOWTO's about changing encryption as it seems to use the systems
underlying crypt() functions... afaik.

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Shadow-Password-HOWTO.html

  Tony E.