Security Consultant in the valley?

Jay jay at kinetic.org
Tue Aug 21 23:35:41 MST 2007

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Craig White wrote:

> I can't vouch for them first hand because I've never used them but
>
> http://www.edgeos.com/
>
> is local and occasionally, Jay is on the list here...he's not a bad guy
> considering his fondness for Macs.  ;-)

Ha! Thanks, Craig... I think...  :)  I appreciate the "PLUG" (yuk, yuk!).

Yes, Edgeos is local, and yes I am on this list (since ~1996 or 1997).
However, Edgeos generally does not sell directly to end-users. We provide
a security services platform that is 100% private labeled for our
customers and they use it to offer managed security services to their
end-users. Our customers tend to be folks like security consultants, IT
consultants, MSSPs, ISPs, ASPs, hosting companies, VARs, etc...
essentially companies who provide technology products/services to their
customers. Check out the demo movie (I worked hard on that one and have to
admit I am pretty proud I managed to create it) to explain how Edgeos'
security services platform comes together:  http://www.edgeos.com/demo/

That being said, we do deal with a lot of great security consultants. If
the original poster (or anyone else) wants to contact me off-list, I would
be happy to make some introductions for you (and the previous
recommendations of both Adam Munter (Quiet Move) and George Toft are good
- those guys know their stuff).

--
~Jay