GoDaddy bullying tactics

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 11:32:19 MST 2007

On 8/20/07, Matt Graham <danceswithcrows at usa.net> wrote:

> On Monday 20 August 2007 11:18, after a long battle with technology,
> Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> >   There are ways to legally structure such a deal so that this asset
> > would be unequivocally under the control of an assignee.  What I find
> > interesting is how few people realize that this is an option.
> > Someone with a common word domain could effectively make a lot of
> > money renting out subdomains in this way.  -jmz
>
> The problem is that people who aren't technical don't understand
> hierarchical namespaces very well.  They seem to think that namespaces
> are (or should be) flat.  So thisjosh.org is "easier" than
> this.josh.org (or something.)  This is actually more of a psychology
> problem than a technical one....

  without a doubt!  but I think that given the current price tags put on
domain names, subdomains are probably worth a few bucks despite the
inconveniences they introduce.  And once the public gets comfortable with
it, theres no going back.  An interesting example is that in the 50s, at
least in NY, phone numbers used to be written down using random letters as
well as numbers.  I would think that domains where the period separates each
english word would be worth /something/.

  -jmz

--
.0000. communication.
.0001. development.