Linux laptop wifi - was Inspiron 1420n Laptop

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Mon Aug 20 05:12:04 MST 2007

.
On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 19:10, Dennis Kibbe wrote
> Intel miniPCI internal wifi cards are well supported under Linux,
> the most you'll need to do is install the firmware. I've bought a
> couple of IPW2200 cards off of eBay new for under $25 to replace the
> Broadcom wifi card that came with the laptop. Depending on the model
> Dell the miniPCI slot is either accessible from bottom or is under
> the keyboard.
>
> Buy your RAM and HDD upgrades from Newegg and install them yourself

I still haven't solved wifi on my HP ZV6100 laptop, so I wonder
if I could also replace its Broadcom wifi card with a different
card and finally get wifi to work on it?  What do you think?

Our daughter has the same problem trying to get Linux wifi to work
on an HP 4000m, so we're still looking for solutions for both of
our HP laptops.  Mine has an Athlon processor, her's is Intel.