Who is the best registar?

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 18 11:37:02 MST 2007

Excellent review.  And good news.

Alan Dayley <alandd at consultpros.com> wrote: keith smith wrote:

> With all that is going on I am thinking of chaging registrars.  It seems
> they all have their problems and horror stories.
>
> Any suggestions?

http://easydns.com

Not the cheapest.  But...

- They have a lightweight but very thorough admin interface.
- Very good tutorials[1] for things if you don't understand.
- Almost instant email support.
- Never, ever needed to use the phone support, but it's there.
- Been with them for several years (at least 6 I think) and never had a
problem that they caused.

Anecdotes:

1. They once had an outage of some kind (don't remember the details) and
called me on the phone to inform me.  I never did notice the problem but
I remember that they called.

2. I had a situation where my emails were not getting through reliably.
 I dropped them an email in the morning.  It was very obvious after the
first reply that the issue was not their problem.  However, after I
thanked them for checking things, the next reply included questions on
details of the problem.  We went through about 8-10 email exchanges as
THEY guided me to the solution to the problem on MY end.  By just after
lunch, the problem was solved with their tech support!

I don't always use them but if you want something solid, they are worth
every penny.

Alan

[1]http://support.easydns.com/tutorials/

Keith Smith