Aunt Tilly's Linux

Chris Gehlker canyonrat at mac.com
Fri Aug 17 22:37:47 MST 2007

On Aug 17, 2007, at 10:27 PM, JT Moree wrote:

> What is it that is confusing and how is the gnome equivalent so much
> better?  I always use sftp:// but have had 1 or 2 instances where
> fish:// worked better.

The Gnome equivalent runs from the GUI shell. It is accessed from the
Places->Connect to Server... menu. It is very easy  for a  newbie to
find. The KDE method of first launch  a browser and then type in a
URI, beginning with 4 letters you have never seen in a  URI before is
very unobvious.
--
A young idea is a beautiful and a fragile thing. Attack people, not
ideas.