Who is the best registar?

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Fri Aug 17 21:52:38 MST 2007

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 09:01:36PM -0700, keith smith wrote:
> I've always felt Godaddy was solid however I have never trusted them.
> I have ab out 1/2 my domains with them and they are better than other
> experiences I have had, however with what is going on I am thinking of
> taking my business elsewhere.

I think you run the risk of being treated like that if you're perceived
as encroaching on a trademark. Not just from GoDaddy, but from lots of
businesses. Some businesses may approach you in a gentler fashion, but
I'm afraid most will not.

Of course I understand that this would leave a bad taste in your mouth.
I'm not suggesting you keep your domains with GoDaddy. Rather that you
shouldn't expect any different behavior elsewhere.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/