Linux (and Related classes) at MCC

Elburn at aol.com Elburn at aol.com
Sat Aug 11 14:03:49 MST 2007

In a message dated 8/10/2007 11:58:18 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
waclawski at mail.mc.maricopa.edu writes:

Linux (and related) Classes at MCC This Fall
(Taught by Phil  Waclawski)

CIS126DL  Linux OS Section 7053  MW  5:20-7:00pm
Start off by learning the power of the linux  command line, then
install your own copy of CentOS 5 and continue to learn  the power of
the command line (with some of the GUI stuff thrown in of  course ;).
Including setting up users/groups, sudo, yum repositories,  basic
security concepts, introduction to shell scripting and much much  more!
You need to provide a 10Gig or bigger IDE/EIDE HD, we provide the HD
bays and CD's.

(In the Spring we will be offering CIS226AL,  Internet Server Linux )

CIS166AE  Web Scripting with Python/MySQL  Section 7083 T-Th 5:20-7:00pm
We will first focus on learning  the basics of the Python Scripting
language (very hand for sys admin  tasks, and many of the Redhat GUI
config scripts are written in Python),  then hook it into web page
development and database connectivity.  Pre-Requesite of CIS133DA
(Internet/Web Development level I) or permission  of instructor (just
demonstrate to me that you can do basic HTML/XHTML  including form
development).

CIS151 Computer Game Development  (using PyGames) sect 0928 T-Th 3-
4:15pm
Learn basic game  programming using PyGames (and a bit of ALICE).
New course, should be a  lot of fun.

Also CIS133DA (Internet/Web Development with XHTML Leavel  I) sect 7064
M from 7:10pm-9:50pm and CIS233DA (Level II) Tues 7:10-9:50pm  sect 0982

If interested, please sign up as soon as you can to make sure  the
class has enough students.

Taught by Phillip Waclawski,  residential CIS Faculty, Mesa Community
College Business  Department

Phillip Waclawski
480 461 7468
Best way to contact:  Email   waclawski at mail.mc.maricopa.edu

CIS  Faculty: Phil  Waclawski
http://www.mc.maricopa.edu/~waclawski

To subscribe,  unsubscribe, or to change your mail  settings:

What is the actual address of mcc, and what is the cost to take the  class?

Thanks,
Al Templeton