Linux (and Related classes) at MCC

Phillip Waclawski waclawski at mail.mc.maricopa.edu
Fri Aug 10 23:58:21 MST 2007

Linux (and related) Classes at MCC This Fall
(Taught by Phil Waclawski)

CIS126DL  Linux OS Section 7053  MW 5:20-7:00pm
   Start off by learning the power of the linux command line, then
install your own copy of CentOS 5 and continue to learn the power of
the command line (with some of the GUI stuff thrown in of course ;).
Including setting up users/groups, sudo, yum repositories, basic
security concepts, introduction to shell scripting and much much more!
You need to provide a 10Gig or bigger IDE/EIDE HD, we provide the HD
bays and CD's.

(In the Spring we will be offering CIS226AL, Internet Server Linux )

CIS166AE  Web Scripting with Python/MySQL Section 7083 T-Th 5:20-7:00pm
    We will first focus on learning the basics of the Python Scripting
language (very hand for sys admin tasks, and many of the Redhat GUI
config scripts are written in Python), then hook it into web page
development and database connectivity. Pre-Requesite of CIS133DA
(Internet/Web Development level I) or permission of instructor (just
demonstrate to me that you can do basic HTML/XHTML including form
development).

CIS151 Computer Game Development (using PyGames) sect 0928 T-Th 3-
4:15pm
    Learn basic game programming using PyGames (and a bit of ALICE).
New course, should be a lot of fun.

Also CIS133DA (Internet/Web Development with XHTML Leavel I) sect 7064
M from 7:10pm-9:50pm and CIS233DA (Level II) Tues 7:10-9:50pm sect 0982

If interested, please sign up as soon as you can to make sure the
class has enough students.

Taught by Phillip Waclawski, residential CIS Faculty, Mesa Community
College Business Department

Phillip Waclawski
480 461 7468
Best way to contact: Email  waclawski at mail.mc.maricopa.edu