Lenovo 3000 c200 installation issues remaining

gm5729 gm5729 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 16:17:05 MST 2007

> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 20:54:51 -0700
> From: JT Moree <moreejt at pcxperience.com>
> Subject: Lenovo 3000 c200 installation issues remaining
> To: Main PLUG discussion list <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>

> > 24x/24x writer dvd-ram cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray. I can play the FBI
> > warning and the beginning credits on Ogle, and Gnomes player however
> > both of the players stop when the movie starts questioning the
> > libdvdcss2 driver. I have confirmed that it is installed so I'm lost.
> have you tried playing with mplayer at the command line? I think there
> may be a debug output option you can use to get more info too.

The only things that came up running Ogle, Xine and Mplayer were
problems with libdvdread and too many video packets in the buffer try
using -ni option for non-interleaved (which I did) or the codec
failed.

> > Broadcom chip covered in it. I can see my hardware with iwconfig. I
> There are issues with in kernel broadcom driver.  If you try to use the
> ndiswrapper you also have to blacklist the broadcom driver--which may
> not work because the driver is also in the initrd and the kernel
> sometimes loads it anyway.

I blacklisted bcm43xx when I was trying Ndiswrapper. Thing is the inf
file loaded fine but no hardware was detected at all. At least with
fw-cutter my hardware is being seen.

> > bcm43xx: Radio turned on
> > bcm43xx: Radio disabled by hardware
> This looks like the hardware switch is turned off.  Do you have a button
> for the wireless or a Fn key combination?

I have a button on the front that is switched to on and the little
light on the front flashes and stays on too. However, for some reason
dmesg shows that the hardware has been turned off.