Explaining T-Shirts

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Aug 6 20:55:42 MST 2007

Am 29. Jul, 2007 schwätzte Gerald Thurman so:

> I was wearing the t-shirt that reads:  "Free Software, Free Society."
> Three mailpeople were having lunch and one of them asked
> about the t-shirt.  How fun!  We get to speak  briefly about
> Free Software and "Free as in Freedom."  They found it
> entertaining, but I doubt any of them will search the
> Internet to learn more about Free Software.

While on a cruise earlier in the summer I went to the excursion desk to
change a reservation. The woman helping me commented on my PLUG t-shirt
and mentioned that she'd used GNU/Linux for work while living in Toronto.

We chatted for a few minutes about what she'd done with it and she
mentioned that she was disappointed to not use GNU/Linux now for her new
job. I mentioned I'd feel much safer if I didn't have to worry about the
ship getting viruses and rebooting in the middle of the ocean :).

I also tried to attend the Red Hat Society luncheon on the cruise but
missed it. Oh well, RHS isn't really my crowd anyway :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  Take a razor to your throat
#  and a noose to your neck,
#  then follow that up with a cup of poison.
#  Not a good way to start the day. - der.hans