asterisk: delay to answer

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Aug 6 20:47:31 MST 2007

Am 06. Aug, 2007 schwätzte Mike Schwartz so:

moin moin,

> On 8/4/07, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:
>>
>> moin moin,
>>
>> trying to get Asterisk setup. I've got a card with a POTS line plugged
>> in.
>>
>> I can get it to pick up almost immediated by setting s,1 to Answer, but I
>> want it to delay a few rings and give a chance to answer the phone.

>> exten => s,1,Answer(50)
>

> shouldn't that be more like
>   s,1,Answer(20000)?

Yes, you are correct. With further testing I'm finding that it does indeed
wait 20 seconds when I set Answer(20000), but the phone stops ringing a
couple of seconds in after a ring and a half. It stops ringing for the
person calling and the phone stops ringing. If you stay on the phone
listening to dead air Asterisk will eventually pick up after the timeout.

I want the phone to continue ringing until Asterisk picks it up.

On the other side of the call Asterisk doesn't disconnect, so I set an
absolute timeout before kicking off to voice mail. Asterisk will
disconnect when you push # in voicemail, but not for a hangup.

Got some 3 hour voice mails over the weekend :(.

ciao,

der.hans
#  ... All true wisdom is found on T-shirts.