asterisk: listening for sip - solved

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Aug 6 01:00:36 MST 2007

Am 04. Aug, 2007 schwätzte der.hans so:

moin moin,

figured it out.

> moin moin,
>
> I'm trying to allow POTS phones hooked up to a Sipura SPA-2002 to talk to
> my Asterisk server. Same for soft phones, but I figure that if I get one
> working the other will work as well.
>
> It looks like Asterisk isn't listening for SIP devices to register
> themselves. I've added a friend to sip.conf, but lsof -i doesn't show
> asterisk listening on UDP port 5060.

It wasn't listening because it wasn't loading the sip module.

load=chan_sip.so

I'd been getting 'Registration Failed: Request Timeout' or similar
messages from the SIP clients.

Then, when I figured it out I got "WARNING[6150] chan_sip.c: Failed to
bind to 0.0.0.0:5060: Address already in use" from asterisk because I had
kphone up and kphone was holding on to port 5060. Was also getting
"WARNING[6162] chan_sip.c: sip_xmit of 0x81476e8 (len 449) to
127.0.0.1:5060 returned -1: Bad file descriptor" from asterisk.

Stopped kphone, restarted asterisk and I could connect from the phone
hooked up to the sipura unit.

asterisk   6285   asterisk   15u  IPv4 721843       UDP *:sip

> Do I need to turn the sip stuff on somewhere else?

Apparently the answer was 'yes' :).

cioa,

der.hans
#  "Life is pain, Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something."
#   -- Dread Pirate Roberts in The Princess Bride