Audit trail for root?

George Toft george at georgetoft.com
Wed Aug 1 21:26:04 MST 2007

sooo close!

psacct does everything we need except log the parameterd to the command.
  This is important as it simply shows I ran a command - not what I
really did:

[root at ServerABB account]# lastcomm --user root
lastcomm                root     pts/0      0.01 secs Wed Aug  1 21:19
man                     root     pts/0      0.04 secs Wed Aug  1 21:19
sh                      root     pts/0      0.00 secs Wed Aug  1 21:19
sh                      root     pts/0      0.00 secs Wed Aug  1 21:19
less                    root     pts/0      0.00 secs Wed Aug  1 21:19

man lastcomm does not indicated I can do that, either.

George Toft, CISSP, MSIS
623-203-1760