OT (Somewhat): Computer repair/service recommendations in Phoenix?

Scott (angrykeyboarder) geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Wed Aug 1 13:50:07 MST 2007

Greetings all,

I very rarely post here (and one of these days I'll make it to a
meeting) but I do lurk often.

I'm writing now because need to find a place that will service my
Linux/Windows (I dual boot Ubuntu Feisty and Windows Vista) box.

I'm very much a software person but all thumbs when it comes to hardware.

I know most serious Linux geeks are the DIY type, but I don't fit into
any stereotypes. :)

Anyway....

In the past I've dealt with Geek Squad and Data Doctors (never again!).

Among the long list of complaints I had about both were that they won't
touch a box with Linux installed (my #1 complaint actually).

I'd prefer somebody that knows Linux (and Windows if possible - but not
necessary) to diagnose and service my box (It's got some startup and
hibernation problems). In addition, I also need to have them remove and
replace 2 hard drives and 2 PCI cards (IEEE 1394b and a TV/PVR).

I had found RedSeven a few months back on the web (and I was impressed
by their description on their website) on my own but since that time
they've closed their Phoenix store.  I'm in Phoenix (near Camelback and
Central) so I'd prefer to find someone with 5-10 miles of me.

Several months back I answered a few ads on Craigslist (inexpensive home
service stuff) but they eventually lead to dead ends.

So.....

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Regards,