OT: robot jail? at python.org

Mike Schwartz mike.l.schwartz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 12:01:51 MST 2007

Maybe this belongs somewhere more like
    sunpiggies at python.org
but I am not familiar with that list
[/not subscribed there],
and even if perhaps a little bit OT (off topic),
I am confident that I can get an intelligent
response (some advice) here.

My communication "so far" in this episode
(see below) might be helped by actually
reaching a real person.

Background
----------
After spending some time at the tutorial
     "http://docs.python.org/tut/",
I had some comments (suggestions, really)
for possibly improving the ways to help users
find stuff in that tutorial.
I noticed that, at
       http://docs.python.org/tut/about.html
it says, [quote:]
<< " General comments and questions regarding this document
       should be sent by email to docs at python.org." >>
So, I e-mailed my suggestion to there.
So far, no problem.
However, I was unprepared for what ensued.

Beam me up, there's no intelligent life here
     The first response to my e-mail message
was a robot reply from "docs-bounces at python.org",
saying that my e-mail message was "[...] being held
until the list moderator can review it for approval.
The reason it is being held:
    Post by non-member to a members-only list
[...]".
OK, so now, to review, after I thought I sent an
e-mail message, it tells me that it was actually
a post to a list.
My next message said something like
     << "Who knew this was a mailing list?" >>
but sending it to
    "docs-request at python.org"
was probably not my smartest move
(maybe I should've come here for advice first) since
    "***-request@<domain>"
type addresses, often get handled by robots.  (Doh!)

Could I be the only one who this happened to?
so far?
Or, could it be some temporary glitch with
[/or, error on] the web page?
or with the e-mail mailbox?
or something?
(("Inquiring minds want to know!"))